Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably seems like an odd ques. but does anyone make a bolt on style roof rack that will fit a 68 Camaro. I want something that will clamp onto the roof w/o any mods to the car. I need something to carry surfboards and the like as my camaro is now my daily driver. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I still have my surfboard racks from my first 67 when it was only a year old (boy, did I just date myself!). They clamped on the roof rail with wing nuts. I used thin rubber strips under it to keep from damaging the car. They still sell similar (but better) one in surf shops around here.
Have you tried a surf shop?
I'd give you mine, but they are pretty ratty after 30+ years and would be embarrased to be seen with them now!

joe

------------------
69 396 w/SS Trim
[email protected]
69 Pics http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1506559&a=11674961

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't believe it! I've been thinking about mounting a cool Thule type of roof rack to my '69 SS 396 4 spd driver car to carry my road bicyle. I ride with a group of "roadies" a couple of nights a week and my bike doesn't fit too well into the trunk or back seat of my '69, or at least not without worrying about nicking the paint or ripping a seat cover, etc.

So, I thought it would be cool to have a custom-looking Thule type of roof rack. You guys inspired me to look around. I'll try a surf shop.

Thanks. And I'll let you know if I find any really cool racks anywhere that will work without damaging our 1st gens.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts