Team Camaro Tech banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Simple upgrades can make a difference and not break the bank. Radial tires, gas shocks, IROC steering box, larger sway bar, bushings, sound/heat deadener, stereo, brake upgrade. Then maybe engine mods, ignition, heads, carb or EFI. Nothing terribly bad about a 50 year old car with a few upgrades, My stock with the above upgrades, a 56k survivor is more fun than my XTS, except for heated seats and steering wheel!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Wow, I cannot believe I missed this discussion :) Talking about Orange Camaros is always fun.

I can say everything said here about what to look for and what to avoid is spot on (as usual). If I ever sell my Orange vert (and having the kids agree!, ya never know), I would want it to go a private buyer who can look at it closely, take a test drive and pay cash/wire and not a dealer for resale! :D Good luck on the Hunt PD

View attachment 269259
Nice ride Kev. Let me know if you ever decide to sell 🥳

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Simple upgrades can make a difference and not break the bank. Radial tires, gas shocks, IROC steering box, larger sway bar, bushings, sound/heat deadener, stereo, brake upgrade. Then maybe engine mods, ignition, heads, carb or EFI. Nothing terribly bad about a 50 year old car with a few upgrades, My stock with the above upgrades, a 56k survivor is more fun than my XTS, except for heated seats and steering wheel!!!
It would be super to have a 69’ that has a smoother ride than one with original specs.

·
14,492 Posts

·
14,492 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another grossly overpriced for sale by a dealer. About $15k overpriced.
Yep, about $10K high, so you make an offer at what you think it's worth.
If a car is exactly what you want paying a bit more than you would like may be OK.

·
14,492 Posts
It is not overpriced if someone buys it. It may be in some minds but not in the buyer.
Correct. PT Barnum. “There’s a sucker born minute.”

·
Registered
1967 Camaro
79 Posts
Some times the so called suckers come out ahead. Kind of like the time 10 years ago I bought a piece of land near me. I paid $3500 an acre. A bunch of folks around here said I paid way too much for it. That land is not worth near that. I recently sold it for $10,000 per acre. Maybe it is the same way with first gen Camaros. Kinda like with land. They are not making anymore of either so there is only one way for the market to go with them. Those that own them should be cheering on the big prices. The more they bring the more yours is worth.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,040 Posts
Some times the so called suckers come out ahead. Kind of like the time 10 years ago I bought a piece of land near me. I paid $3500 an acre. A bunch of folks around here said I paid way too much for it. That land is not worth near that. I recently sold it for $10,000 per acre. Maybe it is the same way with first gen Camaros. Kinda like with land. They are not making anymore of either so there is only one way for the market to go with them. Those that own them should be cheering on the big prices. The more they bring the more yours is worth.
Good point. Because of this thread I did some searches on various platforms from eBay to Auto-tempest to Classic Cars.com to Racing Junk... and many of the cars are on multiple sites. The asking prices are high for many of the 1st Gen Camaros, and of course the '69's seem to be the craziest. As a '69 owner, I can't complain. Of course, we have no clue as to what actual selling prices were. The only real glimpse we get at that is when we watch the online auctions like Mecum.

Mike

·
14,492 Posts
I good indicator is to search eBay completed auctions. Shows the final bids and if the car sold or not.

Reactions: 57vette

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's a 1969 Camaro on Facebook, 1st Gen Camaro Exchange that doesn't look too bad, located in Oklahoma City, OK. asking price 39,900.
Facebook 69.jpg Facebook engine pic.jpg Facebook interior.jpg

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Does look nice but for that price shouldn't it have vintage air and an OD trans ?

·
14,492 Posts
Does look nice but for that price shouldn't it have vintage air and an OD trans ?
Within the past six months I helped my friends sell (2) 69 Camaros. one orange and black stripe TKO 600 vintage air paint was 9.9 out of 10 interior nine out of 10 car was very clean sold for 45,000

The other 69 was dusk blue with charcoal stripes deluxe interior 10 bolt posi 700R4 400 small block from blueprint with Sniper fuel injection also with vintage air. Paint very good done 2 years ago. Interior 8/10. Sold for 42000.

Both cars were here in Vegas one we pushed through eBay the other one was local craigslist

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,040 Posts
I good indicator is to search eBay completed auctions. Shows the final bids and if the car sold or not.
Yup... great point John, I forgot about that. But he should use the "Sold" option, not the "Completed" option-which shows dozens of cars where bidding has ended and many have not been sold, or they might have been re-listed.

Within the past six months I helped my friends sell (2) 69 Camaros. one orange and black stripe TKO 600 vintage air paint was 9.9 out of 10 interior nine out of 10 car was very clean sold for 45,000

The other 69 was dusk blue with charcoal stripes deluxe interior 10 bolt posi 700R4 400 small block from blueprint with Sniper fuel injection also with vintage air. Paint very good done 2 years ago. Interior 8/10. Sold for 42000.

Both cars were here in Vegas one we pushed through eBay the other one was local craigslist
Those sound like fair deals for both buyer/seller.

Mike

141 - 160 of 182 Posts