Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help! i need input. i have a black houndstooth interior with a rosewood steering wheel and i think i like the stock woodgrain ss better, what do you think

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think you're right, I'd trade you my nice SS steering wheel for that Rosewood wheel, any day of the week, I think they are way over-hyped........

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!

<A HREF="http://hobbystage.net/camaro/69ss396" TARGET=_blank>Hobbystage Texas Tornado Website

</A>

North Texas Camaro Club

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they go crazy on ebay for these and i dont know why <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kz1000ltd:
I think you're right, I'd trade you my nice SS steering wheel for that Rosewood wheel, any day of the week, I think they are way over-hyped........

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they go crazy on ebay for these and i dont know why <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kz1000ltd:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
If I had one, it would be LONG GONE off the car for $2000!!! Too rich for me. I have a repro rosewood and although it does not look as nice as the real thing, the $1800 dollars I saved make it look REAL NICE!

You pays your money, you takes your pick I guess.

-Mark.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can sell my original rosewood wheel on ebay and buy me a brand new woodgrain ss and make money on the deal! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stingr69:
If I had one, it would be LONG GONE off the car for $2000!!! Too rich for me. I have a repro rosewood and although it does not look as nice as the real thing, the $1800 dollars I saved make it look REAL NICE!

You pays your money, you takes your pick I guess.

-Mark.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Just remember the one that went for $2k was mint NOS in the GM box. Used seem to go for $500-$700. You'd still make money selling but I think even the repop SS wheels are obviously repop (at least the ones I've seen). A new GM SS wheel or hi quality used GM SS wheel will cut into that extra cash more than you think. Of all the repop wheels I've seen, the black cushion grips look the closest to the real deal.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 our local club"
and the "daily driver"

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can still buy a gm wheel? i thought you can only buy aftermarket,how about the woodgrain insert? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DjD:
Just remember the one that went for $2k was mint NOS in the GM box. Used seem to go for $500-$700. You'd still make money selling but I think even the repop SS wheels are obviously repop (at least the ones I've seen). A new GM SS wheel or hi quality used GM SS wheel will cut into that extra cash more than you think. Of all the repop wheels I've seen, the black cushion grips look the closest to the real deal.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
I should have clairified. "If you can find a NOS GM wheel." I have seen a couple, 1 green one and 1 black one but they are few and far between.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i will keep my eyes open for a nos wheel thanks. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DjD:
I should have clairified. "If you can find a NOS GM wheel." I have seen a couple, 1 green one and 1 black one but they are few and far between. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I have an NOS black standard wheel I was planning to use on my car. However, I have seen two in the last month go for $800 on ebay. Makes me rethink whether to put mine on the car, or on ebay.

I also have a NOS silver grille, I traded for an NOS black one plus $100. When I saw their value, ($800-1000)I started second guessing whether to use it on my car, or sell it and use a repop. In the end, I decided to use it.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
800 for an NOS standard wheel? You've got to be kidding, I watch e-pay pretty closely and did not see that. It's probably a good thing that I didn't, or I would have ripped the one out of my car and sold it already. Good grief.......

------------------
69 SS/396 CLONE!

<A HREF="http://hobbystage.net/camaro/69ss396" TARGET=_blank>Hobbystage Texas Tornado Website

</A>

North Texas Camaro Club

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
It was ebay #2400593422.
I have seen a couple of others over the last month or so. Seems like they went for $500 or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts