Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, do you have any pictures of how you ran your alternator wire through the firewall for your trunk mount battery installs. I'm trying decide on a good location to run the alternator wire from alternator to the battery in the trunk.

Here is where I'm planning on putting the wire that comes from the battery to the starter.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
That's what I figured, and it's a good idea. I however didn't - I routed the big cable similar to your picture and secured it every 12"-18" with insulated clamps to a bulkhead connector under the heater box, and hooked the charge wire to the BHC under the hood. Makes the wiring much simpler, but with a hot cable running the length of the car.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
For my 4AWG amp cable I went between the inner and outer fender, then through the side of the cowl behind the kick panel and then along the wire tray under the sheet metal carpet supports/guards to the trunk.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Something you may consider for the firewall is a thru- connecter from Moroso. Saw this in a Camaro Performers and looked pretty clean and eliminates an awkward angle or bend for your wire to pass through. May be worth checking out.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Something you may consider for the firewall is a thru- connecter from Moroso. Saw this in a Camaro Performers and looked pretty clean and eliminates an awkward angle or bend for your wire to pass through. May be worth checking out.
That's what I used on mine. One for the 1/0 starter cable and the other for the #2 alternator cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts