Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
The check valve installs on the hose coming off the intake manifold to the canister.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CJ:
The check valve installs on the hose coming off the intake manifold to the canister.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The valve has three out lets. One hose comes from the intake manifold the check valve then tothe vacuum tank. What i can't find is what does the other out of the check valve hook up to.
The assembly manual does not show a check valve but the chassis service manual talks about how the check valve is hooked up but is not clear on the last outlet. D&r Auto. and Classic ind have been no help but claim I need this valve for these doors to work.
Thanks for your help Larry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CJ:
The check valve installs on the hose coming off the intake manifold to the canister.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found out that this valve was not on a 68 per factory manual and e/mail from people like yourself
Thanks Larry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark C:
The side with the single hose connector on it goes to the intake manifold. The two connections on the other side go to the vacuum canister, and to the headlight switch.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found out this valve was used on the 69 and not the 68 per factory assem manual and e/mail from help like yourself
Thanks Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.