Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any about 68 RS headlight door and vaccum hoses. Need to know how to hook up the vaccum hoses using a reserve check valve

·
Registered
145 Posts
You need to get the 68 assembly manual. It is around 20 bucks but it is worth it. It will show all the hose routings. You can also buy the 67-69 rs headlamp and console gauge wiring manual for around 5.00.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yogi:
You need to get the 68 assembly manual. It is around 20 bucks but it is worth it. It will show all the hose routings. You can also buy the 67-69 rs headlamp and console gauge wiring manual for around 5.00.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a assem manual but it does not show a check valve. Callsic industries and D&R camaro said I need this for thr doors to work. I can get the one line from the intake to the check valve then to the vacuum tank but i can't find where the leg of the valve hooks into.
Thanks for your help Larry [email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a 69 rs and I thought they would be the same, but I noticed they dont have a check valve listed for a 68 in my Ricks catalog so maybe thats why its not in the ***. manual. I dont know what to tell you, but Im sure someone will help you out shortly. Good luck, sorry I wasnt more help.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
i dont think the 68's have the (1 inlet, 2 outlet) check valve, from what i've read, they just have the 1 way (filter?) valve on the line from the manifold vacuum. all my hoses on my rs are original, it seems, and it has the 1 valve only, from the man. vacuum. thats the difference w/ the 68 to 69 vacuum canisters, the 68 has two hookups, whereas the 69 has 1, because it's split at the check valve. not an expert by any means, this is just what i've experienced so far. good luck!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well I have a check valve on mine running off the manifold then the small hose to the dash switch and the large hose to the reservoir.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,MSD 6AL,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts