Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done extensive research on the topic of an alternative for the vacum system. Someone posted in 2000 about using Lebaron motors. I am sure the system will work but I have not been able to find out if the limits can be adjusted. The individual that did the system said it worked but I am wondering if the headlights opend and closed all the way, if not how can they be adjusted? Someone else posted in 2003 about using Celica motors with a similar plan. This motor supposedly automatically sets the limits, but I am not sure how. I have had no luck contacting either people. If you have tried either of these system or have a way of adjusting the limits on a system in use, please contact me. I am bound and determined to figure this out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stacy, I want to encourage you in your challenge to build a better mousetrap. I too believe there's a better way to open and close the rs doors than suction. In a previous post to a related topic, a guy posted pictures of his solution which used a single actuator motor mounted centered behind the grill. I thought the simplicity of his idea was ingenious. The restification of my 69 ss/rs is still a ways down the road due to funds/time so I'm doing my research now and I'll need a solution to this so I can complete my plan of attack...so please keep us informed on your progress. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts