Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car all together but am having trouble with the headlight doors. The driver's side opens fully but the other side opens only half way. When I close them the driver's side doesn't close but the passenger side closes fully. This car has a big block with a "big" solid lifter cam and power brakes and has very little vacuum. Do you think an electric vacuum pump would solve this or is there another problem. All the components are new.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
How low is low vacuum. Do you have a hand vacuum pump? If not, get one for about $15 or so at the autoparts or sears stores. You can read vacuum with it just like any vacuum guage. You can also pump a vacuum to see if you have leaks in your head light actuators or how much vacuum it takes to pull it in.

If everything checks out you could blast a bit of silicon spray in there and maybe free it up a bit if it's sticking.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Big block should be producing enough vacuum. Mine does with basically the same setup as you have.
Check for hose vacuum leak or accuator on passenger side. I hooked up a vacuum cleaner to the main hose and let her go. The big block produces more vacumm then a small vac cleaner but you still might be able to check for leaks.
Moving the doors in and out by hand (with engine off)sometimes allows you to hear the leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts