Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the Edelbrock Performer RPM package to my '68 camaro and I am unable to produce enought vacuum to support my brake booster and the filing of my headlight canister for the RS headlight doors. Has anyone converted to an external electrical pump? What does the pump look like? Where can they be purchased? How much do they cost? Where did you mount the pump? Can it be hooked up to my headlight switch? Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I looked in the Summit catalog, but couldn't find a vacuum pump. However, I'll bet anything they have them. I'll bet they aren't more than 50-60 bucks.
You can mount it anywhere you can find a good spot. I'm sure you attach it to the hose that normally attaches to the vacuum port on the intake.

I have enough boost on mine, but I wasn't sure I was going to. If needed was planning to cut a longitudinal slice in the vacuum hose, and insert an ell fitting in each end of the slice. Then I was going to hide an extra vacuum tank somewhere, and run the lines from the hidden fittings to the tank. I figured you would really have to look close to tell it was not stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts