Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like an idiot asking this but.... What are the exact differences of the '67 RS and SS camaros? Engine, body, and badges. I know some but I'd like the complete list. Thanks.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
RS - ralley sport - is an apearence only package that could be had on any Camaro from plain jane inline 6 to Z/28 and SS.

SS - Super Sport - is a performance package that came with 4 engine options, 350/300hp, and 3 versions of the 396 (325/350/375 hp)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by DjD:
SS - Super Sport - is a performance package that came with 4 engine options, 350/300hp, and 3 versions of the 396 (325/350/375 hp)
For 1967, the SS 350 was only rated to 295hp and the 396 was available in 325 and 375hp versions.

Also, for 1967, the difference in rear ends is only with respect to the back-up lights. In the RS, the tail-lights are solid red and the white back-up lights are in the panel below the rear bumper. On all other models (SS and otherwise), the rear tail-lights are split: half red and half white (and the panel below the rear bumper is solid).

I believe that the only change to this in 1968 was that there was a solid divider between the two panels in the tail-light.

I don't know anything about 69s.

·
Registered
100 Posts
RS cars had the front parking lamps in the lower valance, non-RS lamps were in the grill between the headlights.

Remember, RS and SS options could be mixed and matched. If you had a car with both, the car receives SS badges in place of RS badges.

RS cars had bright rocker moldings also.
-Sam

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
RS had the three piece rocker molding which was further up the side of the car, not just down below the door like the one piece molding, you'll see a lot of RS or clone RS cars today with the wrong 1 piece molding. Also RS included the wheel well moldings, which could also be ordered on most Camaros. Like already stated, the RS package is an appearance package only, not performance package like the SS or Z/28 cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts