Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and shopping for a '69. My dad had one growing up and I had a 76 RS/LT with no catalytic converters (only did that half of that year).

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the difference in the RS vs. SS packages. I know LT was a interior upgrade in 76 and RS was a paint job and wheels in 76. At least I think I remember it that way.

In a 69 what are the major flavors and what are the differences. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello & welcome ! If you do a search on this, you can find a great deal of information. In really basic terms, the RS package consists of the hideaway headlights and back up lights below the bumper on the rear. It could also be ordered alone, or in combination with the SS or z/28 packages. The SS package was primarily a performance package. You could get a hopped up 350 or a couple of 396 options. Remember, this is just the basics !

·
Registered
235 Posts
In a nutshell, RS is all appearance, SS is all performance. RS cars have the hideaway headlights, chrome accents, etc. SS cars have at the very least a 300hp 350, 12 bolt, disc brakes, larger sway bars, multileaf rear springs, dual exhaust, etc... could get as radical as a 375hp 396....lots of possibilities....that's what makes the 69 so great!

------------------
Dan Camm
1969 Daytona Yellow RS/SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts