Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an RS/SS 350 with A/C and am confused with how the vacuum lines are run off the manifold for both the A/C and Headlights.

In the Assembly Manual it has the headlight diagram with no mention that the line should hit the vac canister under the drivers fender to run the A/C. Should I "T" off the line and hit the canister which then goes to the A/C unit or do I need a different vacuum fitting on the manifold? I have a 2 vac line fitting with the brake booster line too.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Retired
16,030 Posts
The a/c vac canister that is tucked under the fender near the brake booster gets its vacuum separate from the headlight doors. The headlight doors come directly from the manifold hose bib. That same bib has a spot for the a/c hose that goes to the small canister which then goes in the car for the controls on the dash.
In the Tech Tab at top is this diagram

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim,

Thanks for the info, I thought something was wrong with my vac lines.

I was a little confused because in the Assembly manual it shows a 3 line vac source for an RS coming off the intake manifold as one line going to an Auto transmission, one for the brake booster and the other has the RS and AC RPO codes next to it.

Since I have a muncie 4 speed, i'll just run the vac canister from the line for the auto trans.

Thanks again.

Peter:beers:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My 69 RS with AC has a four port vacuum fitting including the one the one the brake tube threads onto.

·
Retired
16,030 Posts
Mine has the 4 port fitting as well: Auto, a/c, brake, RS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you tell me where the vac lines go to on the 4 point system? I have a 4 speed car so I don't need a vac line to the transmission.

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Then you only need a 3 port fitting. The part numbers (but no pictures) for each of these fittings is in the RPO Z22 option pages of the 69 AIM, along with what combination of options uses which fitting, theres about 6 or 8 of them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mark,

I am going to hook up the vac canister to one outlet and the RS Headlights to the other.

In the AIM it shows the RPO Z22 and C60 on the same line.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts