Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
A long time ago, I used to lube all the rubber suspension bushings with "McKay's Rubber Lube". They stayed quiet and in good condition. I can't find that at any of parts stores anymore. They suggest I use the silicon spray, but that's a joke. In a few weeks they start squeaking! I don't want to use petroleum products because they deteriorate the rubber. I did try the "Slick 50 one lube" even though it has petroleum products as it says "safe for all rubber and plastic", but that doesn't work for long either. I've even tried ArmorAll, not very effective. So my question is: Does anyone know if "McKay's Rubber Lube" is available anywhere, and if not, what is effective lube for rubber suspension bushings? Or should I just go with the poly bushings? With zerk fittings?
tia,
Joe
('73 LT & '79 Z-28 currently)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know about that lube but I use this stuff called O-LUBE. It is made for o-rings inside cylinders. It is very slippery and never dries out. When I get to work I will try to find out where we get it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this "Parker O-Lube"? I searched for "O-Lube" on the web, and that is what I found. A 4oz tube for $6, typically. More $ than McKays, for sure, but worth it if it works! They also have a "Super O-Lube", a 2oz tube for $20! Anyone else, what do you use? Or do you just leave them alone, those rubber bushings don't seem to squeak if you don't spray them with the silicon lubricant. Thanks,
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts