Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the problem: my car is running hot. I've replace the fan switch, fan motor, fan sensor, relay, the bottom hose, the thermostat (twice, and I am currently driving without one), and the computer box. The radiator has been repaired, and the fan is wired so that whenever i turn my car on, the fan will automaticly run. I have coolant in the radiator. Every time my car sits for hours at a time, when I start it up blue smoke comes out of the tail pipe. Now it's running hot again.

What to do? What to do?

·
Registered
707 Posts
What temp is it running at? and when? is it running hot on the freeway or at idle and stop and go. what year/engine is your car. do you have a fan shroud. have any of the factory air dams been broken off. a lot of cars rely on the air dams to create negative pressure under the car this causes more air to rush through the rad to fill the partial vac. under the car while driving. same goes for the fan shroud. Also remember modern closed systems are designed to operate between 190-210 degrees. if you compromise any part of the total system its very easy to push it over the edge.
Milan

------------------
67 prostreet BB Camaro
71 BB SS Chevelle (clone)
2002 35th anniv SS Z28 conv.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you keep having to add water? Sounds like a bad head gasket or cracked head. Have the coolant system pressure checked. It wouldn't happen to be an 81 305, would it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts