Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...Im new to the ls1 platform..Ive currently own a few late 70's trans ams and early 70's gto's so sensors are not something that i have to deal..Now is have a 96 z-28 and its getting the best of me...Heres what my situation is..
car run but feels like it has a miss in it mainly when its in gear...."it almost has the same feeling of a
Accelerator pump going out" . under stong acceleration. the miss will clear up for a moment and i can feel the car pulling me back in the seat..then it starts missing again
if i put it in neutral and let it idle no miss...put it in gear and it falls on its face...sometime even stalls.....voltage "16" oil press "40lbs"...water temp 180-200...If i drive it for lets say 20 mins or so...turn it off and let it sit for a few moments sometimes it will fire up sometimes it will not...my trick to getting it to fire back up works about half the time...i pull the plug on the mafs and disconnect the battery...service engine light is not on

Any wisdom on the subject would be great...
thanks
shannon c

·
Registered
41 Posts
sounds like you have an injector thats faulty somewhere. sounds like one may have blown off the tip and its not dumping the right amount of fuel.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
do you have an ls1 or an lt1?

the ls1 was only put in the 98+ camaros, a 96' z28 should have an lt1 unless it is not stock.

if it is an lt1, i really think it is the optispark, if its an ls1 i would think plug wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts