Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Camero, runs great, starts everytime no problems. After 3 or 4 days just doesn't start, can drive it 2 miles shut it off 5 minutes later cranks but won't start. Does not spit sputter or stall. Help please!!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Fuel pump or fuel filter? Make sure you still have spark when it cranks but won't start.

Mark

[This message has been edited by mbrekke (edited 10-11-2000).]

·
Registered
31 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by majestic:
I have an 89 Camero, runs great, starts everytime no problems. After 3 or 4 days just doesn't start, can drive it 2 miles shut it off 5 minutes later cranks but won't start. Does not spit sputter or stall. Help please!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The more info you can provide the better. Plus, if it seems weird it may be a "telltale" sign.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I received your response, wouldn't start again. Replace the coil, thought I had it fixed but low and behold 10:00pm in a dark parking lot wouldn't start. Took off the lead to the coil and put it back on, and it started. Guess there's a short or something with the coil wire, any idea's I can't seem to get hold of a wiring diagram.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbrekke:
Fuel pump or fuel filter? Make sure you still have spark when it cranks but won't start.

Mark

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The coil wire may or may not have anything to do with it. It could have just been a coincidence. Next time it won't start check to see if it has spark (to rule out gas related problems) and go from there. Has the check engine light come on? If so, you can check the stored codes in the ECM to give you a starting point. Any of you electronic wizards out there have an idea???

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked and rechecked, no spark when it cranks.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbrekke:

Mark

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'm no expert on the "new age" Camaros but the module sounds like a good place to start. There have been a good number of posts with a similar problem, and it was due to the module for the most part.

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
I THINK that better auto parts stores can test your module for you, it's a little expensive to just swap our for fun; but it does sound like a good possibility.

------------------
Matt
http://camarotech1.com
Camaro Tech 1st Generation

[This message has been edited by houndog72 (edited 10-18-2000).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts