Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
One told me about a rust spot :

it's a common spot for st Gen Camaros to have it because of the torque. It's at the corner where the inner fender meets the rocker panel.

I don't see where it is. Is that rust spot important ? Can it be repaired easily?
Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm restoring a '67 and that particular area seems to be problem on 1st generation Camaro's. Be sure to take care of it before it comes through. Just remember OXIDATION NEVER SLEEPS! Good Luck!!

·
3,176 Posts
Got a feeling he was talking about behind the fenders where leaves and other items seem to gather which retain moisture and allows the Cowl air box to rust out. Hard to see with the fenders on but take a close look under the car where the fender and door meets and see if you can spot any rusting that may be coming from inside. I just replace my drivers side and had to make my own, since no parts house has them. Best part about it is that since they are covered they cant be seen. If you have your kick panels off you can look through the inside with a flashlight and see if they are rusting also.
__
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
Actually it is from a seller I get this rust spot info.
He sells his car, and he told me where there is rust.
That's all I know.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts