Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my second set of PUI sail panels the other day and they have the same problem as the first set. Both sets have air bubbles under the vinyl. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix or just try to get another set shipped?
Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I got a set this week from Camaro Central for my 68. No problems like you described with mine?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had problems with mine but they were assembled by the clown that did my headliner. They bubbled also but, they didnt bubble til it sat out in the heat for a day. Heres my nitemare storie; I was told this clown did good work so I had him do my headliner & sail panels, Looked good at first but after 2-3 months the sail panels were pulling away from headliner about 1-2 inches:mad: . didnt want him to mess anymore up so took it to a shop that redid my dashpad wonders:D . So when they went to fix it, the clown didnt use any clips behind the panels. so they were falling off. but after they took them off & put back on with clips,they had the car outside in the sun (75+)for me to pickup. In that time (3hrs), the panels that he had assembled (with the wrong glue) they bubbled under the heat:sad: ,remember these panels had been put together for over 12months,so they had to install all new panels & tighten headliner:D , moral of the storie is bad glue jobs will not hold up to a little heat, it has to be the good stuff.:thumbsup:Sorry no disrespect to clowns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts