Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK! I think I've seperated my electrical problems into two problems. I think my stereo is just deffective because of the high amp draw for the memory (.27 amps) . I will deal with this by trying another head unit and just use it if it draws acceptable current! But my under charge problem I'm tinkering with now. My car when ideling in park (720RPM Turbo 350) or neutral reads 13.0 volts at the volt gauge and when I turn on heater it drops about 1.5 volts! is this acceptable? then I turn on lights and wipers and it drops down to about 11.3 volts! Again, is this normal? But when I get in to trouble is when the car is in drive and I stop at a stoplight the idle on the tach reads about 500 RPM and the volts on the gauge drop to about 11.7 and thats without any accessories on. Then I turn on my heater,lights, and wiper and it drops to about 10.7 Whats the deal here. Seems like my alternator pully isn't spinning fast enought at idel when in drive! Should I replace fan pully on alternator to one that spins faster? Or is there a way to speed up my RPMs when in drive at idle or will that damage the tranny? Is it normal for 500 RPMs in drive at idle.How can I adjust this?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
This happens with the old elec. system and adding all the new power items. My best advice is to go to Madelectrical.com and do some reading there, in the tech info section (there is a lot). I am in the process of installing their New System. I am not worried about stock looks and such, but in the elect. system performance. Mark there has been in the business for 30 years and is very informative. He is hard to get a hold of, but well worth it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a painless wiring harness kit so all the electrical is new and I thought it would handle all the accessories! But I guess I'll just have to shift into neutral everytime I stop at a light to boost up the RPMs a little! This is extremely starting to annoy me!:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts