Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago, there was mention of a gun that sucks up the sand while blasting, eliminating the need for a cabinet, and eliminating the dust cloud. Sounded like just what I want.

I went to Northern tool and found one (I think) in their catalog. IT WAS OVER $600!! Is that the one that was being discussed?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I don't think so, I bought mine at Northern for a whopping 20 bucks. It's just the gun itself with a few different diameter nozzles, I don't know what you were looking at for 600 dollars????

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!

<A HREF="http://hobbystage.net/camaro/69ss396" TARGET=_blank>Hobbystage Texas Tornado Website

</A>

North Texas Camaro Club

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
I searched for the discussion, but I couldn't find it.

The one that was discussed was a gun with some sort of suction around it, so that spent media was sucked back into the resevoir. It kept the area clear so you could see what you were doing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It was discussed on this site, but now I can't find it. I haven't used it but according to the post that I can't find it is supposed to be quite a nice tool. The discussion talked about how well the collection bag worked. If I remember right they were going to sandblast the metal dash inside the car and not make a mess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.