Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 that was mostly disassembled when purchased. The old interior panel are all present but most have gotten warped and peeling due to some previous moisture. Question is whether there is any reason to keep these until I get new ones to replace or just pitch them? Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Keep ALL of the stainless trim, the repro stuff is "substandard" (That's PC for crap, BTW)

Also, many including me have found the 68 standard fully assembled panels to be less than wonderful. If you get the unassembled panels, youll need the metal part at the top of the panel, and it wouldn't hurt to have a "sample" to work from when assembling the new panel. Geenerally, I throw nothing out until I'm happy with it's replacement.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Idea. The stainless trim tabbed into the door panels are in fine shape. Thanks for the reply.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
david,
hang on to the original panels. depending on what level you are going to build back to, just dashes refurbishes the old interior plastic parts. three levels of refinishing, a, b and c levels...its nice not having to mess with aftermarket parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts