Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veery cool. It was 60 here today and the guy musta been chomping at the bit to get it out.

I saw it parked in a lot and I admit I did a "U-ey" and went back to see it. Luckily the guy was just getting in and pulled out in front of me.

I have to admit the car was really sharp.

Here's a link to what I saw (his was dark purple).

http://www.saleen.com/s281_3v_photo_gallery.htm

JD

·
Registered
440 Posts
Not trying to get anyone mad, but ........So what?....:boring:

As you can tell, I'm not much for rustangs...no wonder why my boss hates me....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
It is a beauty...but hard to justify $50k+ for any car particularly a Mustang.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I saw one of the new saleen's when i had the camaro out a couple of days ago. It blew by me trying to show off:boring: I just laughed to myself. I wonder how much horsepower those things are putting down.

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Mustangs are cool, I own one of them too. The new Saleens are good looking cars, there are a couple around here, theres a Saleen dealership close by in fact. They are cool fast cars that handle well also, and I'm going to bet a good deal faster than some of you "haters" Camaros too :D
I don't care what the make or model, a cool muscle car is a cool muscle car, period. I'll never understand why someone hates a brand, and the new Mustang is a hell of a lot cooler than the new Camaro, oh wait, there is no new Camaro ;)
:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mustangs are cool, I own one of them too. The new Saleens are good looking cars, there are a couple around here, theres a Saleen dealership close by in fact. They are cool fast cars that handle well also, and I'm going to bet a good deal faster than some of you "haters" Camaros too :D
I don't care what the make or model, a cool muscle car is a cool muscle car, period. I'll never understand why someone hates a brand, and the new Mustang is a hell of a lot cooler than the new Camaro, oh wait, there is no new Camaro ;)
:)
Hate is an awfully harsh word. I happen to like the 69-70 Mach1's. I just don't think they need to be discussed on a Camaro website. As far as the new Mustang vs. the new Camaro, the new Challenger looks MUCH better than either one of them. JMO. Mike. :beers: :beers: P.S. My 68 doesn't handle like the new "muscle" cars, but in a straight line they don't like my 383. Just ask the guy down the street with the Cobra! :beers: :beers:

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Hate is an awfully harsh word. I happen to like the 69-70 Mach1's. I just don't think they need to be discussed on a Camaro website. As far as the new Mustang vs. the new Camaro, the new Challenger looks MUCH better than either one of them. JMO. Mike. P.S. My 68 doesn't handle like the new "muscle" cars, but in a straight line they don't like my 383. Just ask the guy down the street with the Cobra!
I was just ribbin' anyway, but there are always guys that jump on the anti "rustang" bandwagon (ironic name by the way, considering our cars' rust history..;) )
And hey, this is bench racing so whats the harm in discussing another musclecar, much more trivial items have been seen in this section, just my opinion.
I agree about the new Challenger, and I have to admit I'm not a Mopar fan either, but there again, a cool musclecar is a cool musclecar :thumbsup: .
And hey, I said they were fast, but I love beating up on them with my little 'ol smallblock '68, one of my favorite stories from the track was beating the crap out of some cocky guy in a supercharged cobra (last body style), he was running 12.80's, but it's amazing how far back there that puts him to my 11.60, in a 327 badged ralley wheel wearing old Camaro :noway: :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was just ribbin' anyway, but there are always guys that jump on the anti "rustang" bandwagon (ironic name by the way, considering our cars' rust history..;) )
And hey, this is bench racing so whats the harm in discussing another musclecar, much more trivial items have been seen in this section, just my opinion.
I agree about the new Challenger, and I have to admit I'm not a Mopar fan either, but there again, a cool musclecar is a cool musclecar :thumbsup: .
And hey, I said they were fast, but I love beating up on them with my little 'ol smallblock '68, one of my favorite stories from the track was beating the crap out of some cocky guy in a supercharged cobra (last body style), he was running 12.80's, but it's amazing how far back there that puts him to my 11.60, in a 327 badged ralley wheel wearing old Camaro :noway: :D
Agreed! :beers: :beers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.