Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know of a good body shop in the Charleston, SC area (or the Columbia/Lexington/Batesburg-Leesville areas)?

·
Registered
275 Posts
cturner,

I know of a couple shops here in Charleston. I am having Pete Drake of Drake's Auto Body complete the body work for my '68 Z/28. He is really good but has taken forever to get it done. After reading several posts, this appears to be a common issue with all the body guys. Once you’re into it, it's not worth trying to rush them! Crowders(843-852-0390) and Borinos(843-767-3767) are also very good but can be expensive. I would strongly recommend Hoover Chrysler Plymouth here in Charleston especially if the body work is limited and you are really focusing on paint work. Talk to the Manager, James Walling @ (843-763-0040). James re-worked my ’98 BMW M3 after it was in an accident a couple of years ago and the work was excellent. He also body prepped and painted my friends 427 cobra replica, it turned out great. He does excellent work at reasonable prices but does not like to take on full frame off-restorations, he says he just can't make enough money on them. At least he honest about it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts