Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install a scattershield/safety bellhousing into my '67 Camaro small block, c/w with block plate. Is there one that will work with my Tremec TK0 600 and not require any modifications to the floor? Thanks, Bill

· Registered
4,763 Posts
I had always been using the "Old school" Lakewood scattershield. The last one I did gave new meaning to the words run-out. Had to use the max .010 offset dowels. And it still wasn't perfect. At the time QT weren't available yet.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Locking hubs Gas

The Quick Time will be in my future. Never again Lakewood,

· Premium Member
288 Posts
I have a SouthWest Speed Safety Bellhousing w/throwout bearing/arm that I took off my '68 (SBC w/Tremec TKO-600); therefore, I'm sure it will fit yours. If interested, PM me....these sell new $299.99 plus tax/shipping. I'd let it go for $75 plus shipping of your choice.
Gadget Automotive exterior Office equipment Bumper Computer hardware

Cookware and bakeware Audio equipment Gas Plumbing fixture Personal protective equipment

· Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Any floor clearance issues with yours? Do you know what part number you used? I have a 168 tooth flywheel and 11" McLeod clutch, mechanical linkage.
I didn't have any clearance issues.
Since it's smooth, it probably has more clearance than the larger GM one. # RM-6022

Back in 2015 I found mine on Streetside Auto website for crazy cheap, like $300 or so, I then called Summit to price match, the guy at Summit looked it up, he was like "Wow" okay.. I scored :)

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't have any clearance issues.
Since it's smooth, it probably has more clearance than the larger GM one. # RM-6022

Back in 2015 I found mine on Streetside Auto website for crazy cheap, like $300 or so, I then called Summit to price match, the guy at Summit looked it up, he was like "Wow" okay.. I scored :)

View attachment 300951
They don't seem to carry those any more. They're $899 at Jeg's, so definitely prices have gone up.

· Premium Member
67 SS/RS
192 Posts
this is the part number QuickTime RM-6022 SFI Bellhousing. Yeah they aren't $300 anymore!

I am pretty sure the TKO does require floor mods, the TKX is supposed to fit.
I have not installed mine yet, but I stuck with mechanical linkage... for now. I believe the hydraulic clutch kit does not reduce pedal effort very much.

· Premium Member
68 SS/RS, 468 BB TKX 5 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. QA1 Coil O
978 Posts
Im in the process of installing a quick time in my 68 with BBC. I will say one thing its heavier than the aluminum one. Had to modify the flange because it was blocking my oil drain on my Milodon oil pan. I may have to look into a remote filter kit, because it looks very tight in that area now.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I’m using mechanical linkage on mine. Works and fits perfectly. No modifications necessary with my TKO.
Definitely Quick Time Bell housing on anything today They always line up perfect for the most part ./We all have real old Lakewoods in our group and a few spares but they are all 40 50 plus years old . Lakewood's are pressed out from HYDRO FORMED STEEL back then the dies an d stampings were new and the bolted up no problem and the alignment was rarely a problem . But add 50 plus years all the stamping dies are old and worn out so this is why you now have alignment problems with Lakewood bell housings the reall old ones are great but quick time is the way to go these days . One thing is for sure you will never see a brand new Lakewood advertised in the hot rod magazines for $119.95 those days are OVAH. Alex

· Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bit the bullet and ordered the Quick Time RM 6022 tonight from Summit. Thanks for all the responses and help. I've heard a lot of negative reports on the Lakewood 15000 LKW lately for runout etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts