Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have your own teammate wreck you with 10 laps to go ! But you gave NASACR their latin winner at the Mexico race and Rusty Wallace stop being a NASCAR cheerleader and making excuses because Montoya took out his own teammate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes,Scott wasnt too happy with Montoya, but once the 42 team gets their act together they will be force in Nextel Cup racing.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Obvioulsy, Montoya had the faster car, he could have waited for a cleaner place to pass.

As far as Rusty goes, he disappoints me every time he says something.
When they showed the in-car footwell shot, Jerry Punch said "He keeps his foot on the clutch all the time" (Montoya)....this was after Rusty circled the clutch pedal and said he was a left-foot braker. Did Rusty correct him? No! He let it slide.

It's the brake pedal Jerry!

·
Registered
255 Posts
The sport is going down the tubes, these guys are just pouring more water on it. The sport has left its heritage, changing the cars to look like ricers, leaving the tracks that built the sport, the announcers have to fill 4 hrs to keep us watching. I remember listening to the races on my dads am radio, play by play, made your mind work. Beating and banging, not holding hands in a 1 1/2 mile parade through Kansas and Chicago.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I watched part of the race. Did they mention any other driver except Montoya? Their target audience is clearly those who don't know or understand the sport, and are unable to follow more than a single car. But I don't think that is the audience that is actually interested in watching the race! So they alienate their real audience (us) with such dumbed-down commentary.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If Pruett wanted the win so bad he shouldn't have given Montoya the opening into turn one. He should have at least taken the inside lane away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts