Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
I am not real sure what you are asking, if the speedo, you linked to yes it is a cable drive, you bought a gage kit, does it match, the other gages??

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, sorry about the confusion. The kit I bought just comes with the hardware to install 5 in. Auto Meter gauges. I need to buy the gauges separately. I was wondering if you can use a mechanical speedo with the kit?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried calling Brian (at Screaming Perf)? I would probably ask him since he made the kit. His contact info is in this link http://screaminperformance.com/parts/gauge_kit.htm
Thanks Chris, I wanted to order the gauges today since the sales ends today. Wanted to see if anyone has used the kit with the gauge I want to use. But you are right, might be better to call Brian to see if they will work for sure.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I had the 5in gauges in mine before and I used the mechanical Speedo. I'll look at the kit but I don't see an issue. It should all be dependant on the gauge used.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I see what he has done. Very nice as all his products are! The gauges in the pic are electrical. It appears there is enough opening in the rear for a mechanical Speedo. I believe the mounts for the electrical or mechanical gauges are the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts