Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been searching the Brake and Suspension forum lately and encountered a strange issue. If I search on "bushing" I get 400 hits which I assume is the max, same with "steering". But search on a 3 letter word like "box", "rod" or "arm" and I only get a hand full of hits. I've tried this on different computers with the same results. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: This may not be limited to one forum. I searched Bench Racing for "car" and only got post back to the beginning of April, searched for "Camaro" and got 400 back to over a year ago.

·
Retired
26,602 Posts
Robert - I get the same results, found 3 or 4 using "box", found 400 using "steering" and found "box" more than 4 times in the titles of the steering results. My intitial thoughts were search engines will often omit 3 letter or less words such as; the, and, a and if. Maybe this is what's happening but why did it find box a few times? Even combining the 2 only found 4 threads.

I'll check around in the back room to see if there is something that can be done, I'm sure Al will pop in and he may have already seen this as the Chevelle site has been running this software for a few weeks longer than we have...

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
the search does not go to three letters, that's why the results are not as expected.

The best thing to do? Use a wildcard * and plenty of results will come back.

eg: search for Z*8 will get results showing: Z28, Z/28 works pretty good.
JL* for JL8 option.... like that.

Al

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is handy but doesn't help the problem. Searching for "steering b*x" only produced 5 hits. "b*x" only produced 30.
"pitman a*m" produced 30 while "pitman" produced 301.

I can't help but think that there is more than 30 references to the word "box" in the Brake & Suspension forum. Strange thing is search for "cam" in Performance and 400 pop up quick.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's amazing how many 3 letter words there are associated with front suspension. Is this problem being looked into. I know there's a lot of info here that I can't seem to get to. I also know I should not complain about things that are free but this is just a little frustrating thats all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts