Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum on a mission that most people have been on...searching for a previously owned Camaro. I hope I can get some info from here since it seemed like the best option. Anyway my dad purchased his 1968 SS Camaro Coupe in British Racing Green with the white nose and black top from the best I can remember. He bought it brand new in Pensacola, Florida and lived in Walnut Hill, Florida until he sold it in the early 70's after returning from Vietnam. I have zero information on the car such as vin, old tags, etc. so I know this is a huge shot in the dark but I am trying to start somewhere. I know there are a lot of destroyed SS's who lived their final days in a salvage yard but I am hoping his is still out there somewhere. Attached is photo that is not his but the best example I could find. If you know of someone that has or had an SS from the northwest Florida Panhandle area please let me know. Thanks for any help.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Donnie your photo did not attach.

Look through your Dad's papers for insurance documents that might list the VIN. Without it it is really a long shot. Also go to the Walnut Hill tax office and see if they have any bound printed volumes of old tax rolls for 1969/70 on the shelves or the local library might still have them. He may have paid tax when bought in 67/68 so 69 would be the first year he would have been taxed as property on rolls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts