Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a place to have seat belt re webbed. I would like to keep the original hardware, but get new webbing....any info would be helpful...

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Are yours so badly in shape? Mines were faded and as per recomendations from team member "Geezer", I dyed them with great results, they came out like new. I think anybody who attempt to re-web a seat belt is taking a risk cause they should comply with DOT regulations. Same material and same type of sewns, for the safety of you and your loved ones in case of an accident. My recomendation is, look for ones in good shape and mix match parts 'til you get a good original set. Thats what I did...

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the seat belt hardware that I have is correct, yet the webbing is the wrong length. The car is a 1969 vette, and this was a unique year for the belts, and they are very hard to find. The hardware though is common with the 1970, although they had a differnt anchor location(hence the different length).

Thanks for any more info...

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
There's a safty issue with 30+ year old webbing. Unless your car is a rolling text book, unrestored orig I recomend repro belts or new webbing. I think there is a company out there called Snakeoil that rebuilds seatbelts but I was unable to find a link for you...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
THE BEST Corvette seat belt restoration/re-web outfit, bar none, is:

Seatbelt Sity
99 Autumn Ridge Rd.
Bedminster, New Jersey, 07921
(908) 719-2354

Do NOT send them to Sunwest in New Mexico.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
11,623 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts