Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install new seatbelts and I am stuck on the passenger side. The upper belt mount that is attached near the rear right pillar/roofline is stuck.

One screw came out no problem. The other seems to be stuck half way out and it only turns 1/8 turn clockwise or counter?? It seems like the previous owner tried to take it out and it just stopped so, they left it. I soaked it with PB blaster and it still only turns a tiny bit. Albeit easier with the PB blaster sprayed on it, it still locks up and I can get it out. So far, the head is still decent and not stripped. I tried my hardest and it just won't budge.

Any idea's??

thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Are you planning on changing the ceiling panel? if not. let the PB blaster soak in over night if not longer. Then unscrew, screw back in, unscrew screw back in to work the threads loose. This seesaw should allow you to eventually work the screw all the way out. Then go back in with a thread chaser to clean up the threads.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you planning on changing the ceiling panel? if not. let the PB blaster soak in over night if not longer. Then unscrew, screw back in, unscrew screw back in to work the threads loose. This seesaw should allow you to eventually work the screw all the way out. Then go back in with a thread chaser to clean up the threads.
I'm going to leave the headliner as is for now. I will keep soaking and working it as longs as I can. I was thinking about using a dremel tool to make the outer head into a hex to put a socket on it.. I guess I'll see how the soaking goes..

Is whatever it is threaded into a welded thread insert?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts