Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please confirm what the original style of seat belts my standard interior 67 coupe should of had?? They currently have chrome buckles with a GM release button.
Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Anthony, 1967's used a seatbelt design all their own. For a standard interior, they should have been plastic buckles with the Fisher coach on the release button. In 1968 they started using the GM mark of excellence logo. Post the information from the data tag and that will tell us what year your belts are from. The chrome buckles you have, could those be stainless but just look chrome? If so those are "deluxe" interior belts and unless you are building a factory correct or a points car, those are usually more desirable than the plastic cover belts.

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a 67 with the deluxe interior and I have the chrome buckles with the coach for a button. I thought all 67s has a chrome buckle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a combination of the above. Plastic buckles with GM Mark of Excellence button, belts are still tagged with what I believe are the original tags:

G M

Irving 1967
Model # 211

3 A 67

In an RS SS '67 with Deluxe interior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts