Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do with your seat belt when not in use? I have the shoulder and factory lap seat belts in my 1967 Camaro. The buckles for the shoulder belts just lie on the floor behind the seat. I rarely use the shoulder belt due to their not very easy to fold back up each time. I've thought of installing clips into the center console like the 68 has. What do you guys do? Pics would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Pics are worth a thousand words if you have some.
Tried to take pics last night and they come out black. Need my IT guy to see if my phone is dead. Spring loaded seatbelt retractors. Pulls back into a housing between the seat and door. Don't remember where I got them, classic or somewhere. Had to trim them for after market seats but keeps them out of the way.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,437 Posts
67 shoulder belts are pretty rare and a one year only design. Do you have the clips in the rear to hold buckle when not in use ? There's a few pics here. Camaro Factory Options CRG would like to hear from you.

Does your car have retractors for the lap belt ? Early 67 didn't have retractors. Pics and info here...Camaro Seat Belts - CRG Research Report

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
67 shoulder belts are pretty rare and a one year only design. Do you have the clips in the rear to hold buckle when not in use ? There's a few pics here. Camaro Factory Options CRG would like to hear from you.

Does your car have retractors for the lap belt ? Early 67 didn't have retractors. Pics and info here...Camaro Seat Belts - CRG Research Report
Thank you for that information. It enticed me to do more research. I'm fairly confident my car has been outfitted with 68-69 seat belts out of a standard interior car even though mine has a deluxe interior that still has original door panels and head liner. I have the black covers not the stainless metal covers on the buckles. I also have 3 seat belts in the back which I'm glad are there because they've all been used.
I am now leaning towards Don's link to the Morris Classics 3 point belt option. Seems to be the cleanest, safest option available.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Don,

Than You for the link recommendation.
Forum members get a 5% discount.
Look at our other parts, Clear Shot Mirrors
they eliminate the blind spot & stay adjusted
Billy

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just let it lay down on the floor. I'm in a state that you have to wear the belt.
I always wear my lap belt but also want to wear the shoulder belt more often. The shoulder belt is cumbersome to always fold back up into the ceiling clips on the ceiling and also having to double buckle is a pain.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Thank you for that information. It enticed me to do more research. I'm fairly confident my car has been outfitted with 68-69 seat belts out of a standard interior car even though mine has a deluxe interior that still has original door panels and head liner. I have the black covers not the stainless metal covers on the buckles. I also have 3 seat belts in the back which I'm glad are there because they've all been used.
I am now leaning towards Don's link to the Morris Classics 3 point belt option. Seems to be the cleanest, safest option available.
As the CRG article says, the seatbelts were a separate and additional option from the deluxe interior. Having a deluxe interior does not necessarily mean you would also have deluxe belts.

Around April of 1967 they started adding the chrome metal clips to the sides of the console, if so equipped, to hold the inner belts when not in use.
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-console-seat-belt-clips-1967.html

Here are retractors that I believe could be added to the outside belts, if you have the earlier 67 style
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-seat-belt-retractors-1967-1969.html

I have a convertible and plan to install the three point Morris belts for enhanced safety over the factory belts.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As the CRG article says, the seatbelts were a separate and additional option from the deluxe interior. Having a deluxe interior does not necessarily mean you would also have deluxe belts.

Around April of 1967 they started adding the chrome metal clips to the sides of the console, if so equipped, to hold the inner belts when not in use.
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-console-seat-belt-clips-1967.html

Here are retractors that I believe could be added to the outside belts, if you have the earlier 67 style
https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-seat-belt-retractors-1967-1969.html

I have a convertible and plan to install the three point Morris belts for enhanced safety over the factory belts.
Mine has retractors on the door side of the seat. Thanks for the information. Morris is the way I'm going. I really appreciate all help offered.

Dave

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Got my 3 point belt out of a Silverado at a junk yard for $20. Pick your car and your color at the yard for cheap. Done it several times. Keep in mind, some say I am cheap, but I work hard for my $$ and try to save when I can. Bolts up on my 69 were the original roof ones went.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I always wear my lap belt but also want to wear the shoulder belt more often. The shoulder belt is cumbersome to always fold back up into the ceiling clips on the ceiling and also having to double buckle is a pain.
I do agree! It is a pain!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts