Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
If you want excellent quality, PM KevinW. He restores belts and is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to buy them but since I live in Canada it would not accept my bid.
It's easy to ship to Canada but I guess it scares people. Thats the second set I missed because of this.:sad: :mad: :confused:
I can't restore mine because I don't have a full set.
Btw is the 68 gold the same as 67 in colour?
Thanks for your help tho.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks jerry67
That was a nice thought.
Deluxe would have been better but I'm not that picky.
The search is on again!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Doesn't matter if your webbing is restorable, Kevin has a supplier for the webbing. Just use your old male ends and buckles. If yours are in bad shape get some off of Ebay or ask Kevin if he has some to replace them. Just tryin to help.

·
11,656 Posts
Steve, I PMed you. I have a bunch of gold webbing (some with anchors) that I would be willing to let go cheap just to get rid of it. I bought partial sets to just harvest the hardware (69) from them. But since I do not have gold thread, I cannot re-sew them. Also, 67 deluxe and standards had the carriage emblem on the button. I do not have any 67 buckles. I do have some driver quality (some rust pits) deluxe male ends from 69s that would work if you got some 67 buckles. A local uphosltery shop or shoe repair (old school) might be able to sew them.

for the standard sets, the chrome is really poor and rusted quickly. 99% of the unrestored seat belts on ebay will have to be re-chromed ($20 per tongue!), which is why the restored sets are so expensive.

anywho, I have sent bunches of parts to Canada, so I 'm not scared. I use global priority mail. Tell me what you have and maybe we can work something out. BTW, ivy gold has some green in it. 67 gold is all gold, so stay away from 68 colors.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kevin
While you were leaving a message here, I was PM'ing you. Looks like you already answered my questions. I'll look to see exactly what I have and PM you again. What type of thread do you need. My mom is an avid sewer and quilter and may be able to get the thread. She thinks her machine may not be strong enough to do it.

·
11,656 Posts
Steve, I did the same thing. PMed you before I looked at this thread :) I need thread size 138 bonded nylon. I have an Industrial machine with zig-zig to sew them. Home machines wont work.

Luck on ebay! Make sure you get close-up pics of the chrome and get pics of both sides of the tongues. I have seen tongues where one side is perfect and the other is rusty :D

·
11,656 Posts
Steve, I did some digging and found these with hardware. They are not correct for 67 Camaros. They are General safety (big cars, buicks) and have the wrong cover and button, but if you are not worried about being correct, they will work. There are small (1/4 inch) rust spots on most of the peices. but a little glass beading and cleaning, they will look presentable. I figure these are for the convert you are restoring. Then you will need 5 lap belts, 3 rear and 2 front. I also do not have the 2 drivers side retractors for the front laps, but if you had them we could sew something if you found the thread, or we get my friend to do them. Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again Kevin
I also did some digging and found out that my parts car must of had gold interior because the belts are gold(seats and carpet are black and I never really looked close at it, but how lucky is that:hurray: ) The downside is the car's been exposed to the weather for the last 14 years:sad: and it's covered in snow so I don't know the condition quite yet.
You're right about it being for the vert. I have 3 buckles from that car so maybe between the two cars I might get a full set.:thumbsup:
You said there are 5 sets in a camaro. I always presumed the back seat only had belts for two people because of the hump. Always learning:) I"ll dig out the car next week and let you know what I find. Hold on to what you have, I may still need them:clonk:

·
11,656 Posts
Sounds good, just let me know if you need anything. I also found gold hump covers. 67s did not have them, but they still look better than the bolts :)

All 1st gens had 3 sets of lap belts in the rear. So 5 laps for convert, add 2 shoulders for coupes. I have also been working on making shoulder harnesses for Convertibles (only in black though, sorry). So my convertibles will have 9 sets of belts, 5 laps, 2 front and 2 rear shoulders! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question about seat belts as well. I have a 67 convertible with deluxe interior. I am looking for black deluxe seat belts. I've seen some for sale on ebay claiming to be deluxe that have chrome buckles and some that have black buckles. Are the true deluxe buckles chrome? And do you have any that would work for my car?

·
11,656 Posts
Daniel, 69 coupes received 7 sets of belts, 3 rear laps, 2 front laps and 2 front shoulders. I have some Nova retractors too and I doubt it would fit under the seat. What color are they and whats the condition of the chome and plastic sleeves?

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're right Mark, they sure look gold to me!! The 68 belts are called Ivy gold. Maybe that's why he calls them light green

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.