Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I looked in the Camaro White Book a couple of days ago about this and it showed shoulder belts as an OPTION (rarely selected) in '67, '68, '69. Oddly I saw NO reference to shoulder belts from '70-'72 and it seems to have become standard in '73.

------------------
'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Shoulder belts became a required option in all coupes as of January 1 1968. This was a federal regulation. They were not required in convertibles (until maybe recently) Front shoulder harnesses were optional in convertibles, as was rear shoulder harnesses in coupes.

All January or 68 through the mid to late 70's camaro coupes use the two separate belts, one for the lap,and a separate one usually left folded up on the ceiling for the shoulder belt. I think i remember that my 79 Trans AM had the combined lap/shoulder belt setup in it so the change to a single lap/shoulder belt setup must have occurred sometime in the late 70's. Maybe 1977 or 78?

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.