Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, I was trying to find the old post regarding seat extensions and couldn't find any. I trierd seat support, seat frame... nothing. I know it's out there somewhere. any help would be great. I know there are some pics of them and someone sells them also.

Robert

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes. Seat extenders you can find on Ebay. I'm 6'4 and they moved me 2 inches back which is a huge difference and fits me perfect. They look good and are built excellent. I highly suggest them.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If anyone has the tracks off the car, show them here.
It has been a long time since I did it and Most Guys don't know it, but you can move the ORIGINAL Seats back farther by a change that you make in where the tracks bolt to the seat. GM Hid it well. I know it sounds crazy but if I remember right it was a 68 & a 67 that I did it to. The Holes are already their and you would not know it unless someone shows you. If someone has the tops of the tracks I think I can explain it, unless I am totally crazy. I did it 2 times, two different time and cars, when I was a "young" man. If I remember right, it gave 1" or an 1 1/2", which is a lot.
Wait till someone puts a picture on here before you tell me I am crazy. LOL!
By the way, I am 6'1"

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Had mine made at local machine shop. $25.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... Jim that was the pic I was looking for. Thank you. I'm 6' 4" I'm sure it will come in handy. The slots are where your seat will bolt to depending on how much room you need, correct?

Robert[/I]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts