Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
i'm running procar rally's and they too are pretty tall compared to the originals. i'm only 5'7" and have to use the lowest setting on the bracket. i've heard the same complaint about my seats and brackets and about yours as well. it seems the companies make brackets, but didn't pay attention to the original height. i think custom mods is the only answer for you. good luck.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I had to use some seat tracks for the usual RCI-style plastic racing seats since they are only about 1/2" tall. I needed to fab up some brackets and do some welding, but now I sit only 1/4" higher than the stock seat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed a pair of Corbeau CR1 seats with Corbeau 67-69 Camaro mounting brackets into my 67 over the weekend. They fit perfectly and do not sit too high. They sit about the same height as the factory 67 seats do, but I can slide them back much further and also recline now. Definitely a nice upgrade from stock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed a pair of Corbeau CR1 seats with Corbeau 67-69 Camaro mounting brackets into my 67 over the weekend. They fit perfectly and do not sit too high. They sit about the same height as the factory 67 seats do, but I can slide them back much further and also recline now. Definitely a nice upgrade from stock.
Nine Ball... I am looking at the CR1's as a possibility for my 68... you got any pictures?

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts