Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to remember an article in Super Chevy about recovering front bucket seats but can't remember which one it was. Anyone remember the article and remember which month/year it was? It was a pretty good article. I have every Super Chevy going back to about '93 but have yet to find this article again.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dude, I thought your interior was all done. I hear that all the time. I guess it's your turn in the barrel.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting close, just have to recover the bottoms....still, get some new a pillar moldings and some new vents for the sides of the dash and fix the sail panels that keep coming off because of the cheap glue they use to hold the backing for the clips. Its coming together, I am in the mood to deal with it again. Had to rewire the engine harness this week, that went rather well.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I recovered the seats in the 69 and the 75. It isn't hard to do if you have someone to assist on the bottoms when you are ready to put the buns on the frame. Being consistent with the distance between the hog rings and making sure that everything is straight when you start will make all the difference in the world. I highly recommend sand blasting the frame and springs, replacing the side springs even if they are not broken, painting the whole shooting match and cleaning and greasing the tracks before assembly. You need the assistant to help compress the springs while you stretch the vinyl onto the frame and get it locked into the channel and hog ringed to the back. Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts