Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

My driver seat has lost its support, the side springs are broken, and I'm considering recovering my front seats. They are black standard seats but are the original and have never been recovered. So before I jump in and make any regrettable decisions is there anything I should avoid in terms of brands or is there brand of cover that is a closer match to factory then another? I'm not a stickler for 100% exact to factory on everything but I don't want to devalue my car either.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ray

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin!

I just review the whole thread, appears not to be a job for the faint of heart. I've done just about every other thing to this car so I think I can handle this, though when I was younger I don't believe I would have had the patience.

Thanks
Ray

·
Premium Member
3,691 Posts
Legendary has a few YouTube videos on first gen seat recovering. Might put you more at ease. I bought their installation kits when I did mine. Came with the cotton, burlap, and listing wires. It's a good kit.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check into the kit... sounds like the way to go unless you do this a lot which I don't plan too. Good advice on the hog ring tool, the right type and quality make all the difference on most tools.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,357 Posts
I used TMI Sport covers and foam on my 67 and referred to Kevin's thread often.
The work is very hard on the hands but is also very rewarding. TMI did not offer
a kit so I purchased hog rings in bulk. I want to say 500 and I only had a dozen
or so left over.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
A local guy who is well known on the Chevelle forum is going to do my '67 Camaro seats and he wants me to order the Lengendary covers as he did a set before using
Classic Industries and there were some things he didn't like about them
so I'm going with Legendary
https://www.facebook.com/166393613457231/photos/1622735517823026/

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts