Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bucket seat side and one of the front springs are broken, I can get the side springs, but I can find the front to back springs are they replaceable and if available where can I get it, :confused: thanks

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Check with a local upholstery shop. They will likely have replacement spring material. Also, if they are broken near the edge you can usually make a clamp for them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone, after tearing the seat apart it's worse than I first thought,so I'm going to order the whole seat spring

·
15,370 Posts
Ya know, I was at work today and spotted an old office chair someone just couldn't throw away over in the corner.
Hanging down from below the seat portion was one of the springs. I immediately recognized it as being the same shape spring as our bucket seats are made from. You know.... the looping wire, and it was arched.

I pulled it out from under the seat and saw that it was made from a thicker, stiffer wire, but it was the right length....maybe a tad longer. So I grabbed a second one!

I just thought I'd throw this out there in case someone just needs one or two new springs, they can get them from a regular chair!
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts