Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped in front seats from a late model car into a 1st Gen Camaro? Which did you use? What type of modifications did you have to make so they'd fit? Do they look cool? My 67 came with seats from a 70 Camaro but they weren't bolted in. Will those work? I really don't want to have to buy the original seats because I'm tired of sweating through my clothes during the summer. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
3rd gen do fit but you have to make new holes for 2 of the brackets. You need to use good reinforcement like large diameter heavy washers on each side of the floor and even a small section of steel plate would help to keep the seats from ripping through the floor during collision.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Phil remember I told you that I had 3rd gen seats in the old camaro? If you wanted to put something like that in we could drill new holes or we can fabricate mounts we can bolt down in the original holes, I'm sure we can figure something out.

------------------
70 1/2 RS Camaro

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's the problem Slomaro. Too many people out there want everything to be an exact replacement. I am with you. Lets MAKE it fit. That is half the fun. Give it a try Shadow53. You'll have fun knowing it wasn't just a bolt in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts