Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a car and it did not have the seatbelts in it. I found some seatbelts and the location to anchor them in, however I dont have the anchor bolts----anybody no what size they are or where I can buy some repo anchor bolts. Thanks Alot

·
Registered
92 Posts
KevinW said:
The bolts are repro-ed, available almost anywhere. The full kits are $50. There are specific bolts for each seatbelt type mounting.
I am not sure I understand. I am trying to install seatbelts in my '69 and I have found the four mounting locations for the front seats, but I don't know what size bolts are required. I could figure it out by trail and error, but does anyone know the size? Grade? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whatever you do don't weld your dual exhaust hangers to the backseat anchor bolts like the previous owner did on my car!!!:clonk:

Definately makes it hard (impossible)to take the seat belts off to clean or replace :mad:

Greg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The seat belt bolts are special shoulder bolts not available in the hardware sections. You can order a set from any of the parts suppliers like Ground Up etc.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
385 Posts
The bolts that mount the reel and female latch to the floor are 1/2 x13.
the third point in the pillar are 5/16 x18, all bolts are Grade 8. Actually the factory used grade 7.
Billy

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Seat belt bolts show up on eBay all the time. They are not usually very expensive either. A local "auto reclaimation center" i.e. junk yard, can probably hook you up also.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Note that the shoulder depth is different based on where it goes. The inner ones have a deeper shoulder to accomodate two belts. Also, the fronts are chrome, and the rears are not....night be gold cad, I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I have a whole bunch of original seat belt bolts. 100 sets or more.
Been collecting for a long time.
Got anything to trade?

I have 100 sets of belts too, but they are all mixed up at this point.

Early bolts are zinc plated 1964 and earlier.
After that they were all cad plated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts