Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does somebody know about security beezers and lamps that i could install , for a over warmed engine. i mean that beezer 'd function when the liquid temperature goes higher than a certain limit. Oh yes the best 'd be with the plunger that drops in the engine because my temperature gauge is not working. Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Marc, Are you talking about electric buzzers?

Why don't you install a mechanical temperature gauge? I prefer mechanical gauges for oil pressure & temperature on cars and I've been turning wrenches for over 25 years, but that's my thinking.

I would be happy to set your car up if you bring me over at Octoberfest time.

------------------
Drew

99' GMC P/U
69' Camaro X-11 350/T350,AC,PS,PB, 12 Bolt
96' 17' CC KEY WEST w/85 Yamaha (has shark fins on the sides like the 69')

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is my dad that want the buzer.
I installed 3 new gauges and now the temperature gauge is broken because of .. too complicated to explain anyway i don't want to rebuild all the work i did on to install everything.
anyway can't we add an electric buzzer?

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you use a temperature sensor that originally turned on the TEMP warning light in the dashboard it will be easy. The temperature sensor simply grounds the TEMP light when the engine overheats. Buy a 12 volt dc buzzer and connect the positive (+) lead to a circuit that has power when the key is in the on position. Connect the negative (-) lead of the buzzer to the temperature sensor.

------------------
'69 RS Camaro
355 5-speed 4.11

·
Registered
622 Posts
Check at a marine supply store, boats have 'em...

oil pressure and water temp sound an alarm

they're cheap enough

John

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank i'll watch at this on boat applications.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts