Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David, Lock this or move if you must, but I'm not getting much/any response at Wheel/Tire Forum....
I have the below 69 COPO clone.....

Complete undercarriage including firewall forward has just been redone. New "Original Type" springs were installed, but I cant provide any specifics.
Car is running unknown brand 15" Rallys (and also have 14" Body colored wheels for show??). Tires are BFG TA radials, 215R70x15 Front and 235R70x15 Rear. My friend who is doing all the work, reports that left front tire rubs under hard left turning.....and he personally MIGHT not like the forward rake of car???? Others have mentioned 215R65's in front and something 60 series in back.....DO the readers of THIS forum have any expereince with tire option set up (??) on my car that is suppose to be a Day 2 kinda look.
Can YOU also mention tire BRANDS.......for my "sink hole" .....
Regards to all, Chuck Sharin

·
10,144 Posts
I'll leave your post here for a while but eventually move it to Wheel and Tire so it will be in that archive for people searching.

In the future, any similar situation is probably beter handled by just posting a message here with a link to the original wheel and tire thread you need assistance with. That way any helpful replies would stay in the Wheel and Tire archives.

I eventually delete old posts here that are not helpful as an archive post.

Allow some time for your new springs to settle, the ride height and front end alignment will change after a fiew months.

David

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hadnt read or noticed others running 215R70x15 in front and wondering how much difference (shorter) the 215R65x15 would make ????
Chuck

·
10,144 Posts
With steel wheels you could have the backspace changed easily, but the trim rings probablay wouldn't fit anymore.
Another way to move the ft tires in would be to widen the rim on the back side. If you widen the rim by 1" the tire would move in .5" .

Here is a tire size calculator.
http://www.c5-corvette.com/tirecalc.htm

While close, it's best to use the tire manufacturer's catalog for the actual tire you will use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts