Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a LONGGGGGG cruise the other day to look at a 67 camaro. Guy said it had all original panels and the car was in a 8 out of 10 shape. Got there and at first look i thought i found my next car. Car was original color(repaint) butternut yellow with black ss stripe. Car looked great with hideaway headlights and all. With further inspection i found something that i had yet to see before. I crawled under the rear of the car and was looking up at the trunk floor and seen some rust at the trunk drain plug. It wasn't horrible but the trunk from the top seemed super clean.:confused: Further inspection i could see metal through the rusted trunk floor from the bottom. Long story short, Someone welded a new trunk floor right on top of the original rusty trunk floor.:mad: Never seen that one before! That was the last time i travel 1000 round trip miles to look at a car.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Bummer......that was along haul for a look see. Hav'nt seen the trunk pan thing , but I did look at a 69 about four yrs ago , that had both qtrs installed right over the old ones. Needless to say I passed :sad:

·
Registered
734 Posts
The previous owner of my Camaro welded a new rocker panel on top of the old one which was damaged in a accident. He then used a ton of Bondo to blend everthing in to the point that you couldn't tell till it was time to put new front fenders on, then you could see the build up. My whole car was boogered like this when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think I have seen it all, there are alot of hacks in our hobby that think they are body men but dont really have a clue.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Doug i hate you rode that far to look at a car and it not be what you want, but i have made many trips that far or futher to get disappointed with the car, and iam sure there will be many more trips in the future for me,, its just part of the chase for a car,,,,,Frank

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
well i have something for u. The owner had put quarters on my car and they tach welded in gaps and took the foam that buy to seal up windows from homedepot or lowes. they put that in the entire car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts