Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting here because I've had some of my best interactions with all you pros in this group.

Anybody have any selling experience (1st or 2nd hand) with Bring-A-Trailer?

Good? Bad? Run away?

·
Registered
420 Posts
A friend of mine was trying to list his car (BMW some special edition) on BaT, and they kept pushing him into a no-reserve auction. He pushed back a couple of times, but they kept insisting on no-reserve. He didn't end up listing it with them. No idea if that was specific to the type of car or what, but...beware.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
I have sold on BAT. I haven't sold cars, but vintage mini bikes and go karts. Some laugh when I say I'm into go karts, but one like one of mine sold for $30K just the other week. They do recommend no reserve for sure. It's actually a good auction as it goes for 7 days and people can interact with you or comment positively or negatively on your auction. They do not accept every item that is submitted. If you choose to submit your item send as many pictures, and a very long description. A short description and only a few pictures will most likely get you denied. You have to be patient . Once your item is accepted the process may take a few weeks. Sometimes 3 to 4 weeks before it goes live. My only gripe is that my auction went live and I wasn't given a heads up. Apparently that is not the norm and someone dropped the ball. Hope this helps with your question.

Reactions: Kenfrog

·
16,816 Posts
Yes, they push no reserve because if it has a reserve, that is not met, BaT doesn't get any buyers fee.

You submit , as stated above, and they decide to accept it or not.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Nobody asked me to go no reserve either, but in their FAQ it is recommended. Yes they get the buyer fee because it is going to sell, but it also I feel gets more people bidding as they may feel they have a better chance. No reserve also I feel gets the bidding war going at the end as well. I'm considering submitting my Z as I haven't driven it in almost a year. I would definitely use BAT again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine was trying to list his car (BMW some special edition) on BaT, and they kept pushing him into a no-reserve auction. He pushed back a couple of times, but they kept insisting on no-reserve. He didn't end up listing it with them. No idea if that was specific to the type of car or what, but...beware.
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts