Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I admit I've been trolling for about a year, reading and studying as I make progress on my 67.

Hello!

I picked up my baby about a year ago as a real basket case. I was nearing graduation from business school and getting antsy for another project car (I used to restore Datsun Z cars) when I happened upon this reasonably solid, cheap-ish 67 "4P" car, minus motor, transmission, and interior. Basically a shell.

When I finally got it home and began disassembly, "reasonably solid" turned into "needs every panel replaced." It's due back soon from the body shop and will have had everything but the doors and one fender replaced on the car (welding only, no paint at this point). Even the upper dash and inner cowl/shoulders have been replaced.

Did I mention that it didn't have a title? :) I guess the "car hotsies" got the better of me when I bought it. However, the title situation has been remedied, as I was able to dig up the last registered owner's information and get the title from her.

With no engine, trans, or interior, I feel that I have some leeway as to how to build the car. Had she been all original, I don't think I would be going in the direction that I am, but as long as I'm starting from scratch, she'll be a stock-looking (save for wheels and ride height) pro-tourer, motivated by a 383 and 6-speed. I have about 2/3 of the engine bits together at this time, as well as a pile of other new parts for the car, among which are a Be-Cool aluminum radiator, Flaming River rack, and Hotckiss suspension.

Luckily, I have a wife that approves of my "habit."

Glad to be here!

Robert

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Robert. Best of luck on your 67 project car! :waving:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts