Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading the shocks in my 68 camaro, but I am unable to find a Monroe Sensa-trac shock that fits the shock pattern in the rear of the car. I was just wondering if Monroe does make a shock to fit the rear of the camaro, or if I am going to have to go some other direction get new shocks. I also plan on eventually upgrading the front springs and putting multi-leaf springs in the rear. Right now though, I just want new shocks.
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
Monroe has sensa-trac shocks for both mono and multi leaf rears, and they have front sensa-tracs. I have the part#s, and so does Monroe.

rant:
Sensa-Tracs are the worst riding shock I have ever installed. At a shop I worked at which changed from regular gas shocks to Sensa-Tracs, the rate of ride complaints after shock/strut installation almost tripled. We then changed to G-Force shocks by Gabriel. Complaints went down slightly, but not to the point of when we used regular gas shocks without any variable or patented valving. Regular gas shocks are still better IMO. I have not yet found a "smart" shock which is able to predict road surfaces.
I'd use the old "red ryder" before I'd use a sensa trac.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts