Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 1997 Z28 with roughly 82,000 miles on it. Aside from a K&N air filter the car is bone stock. Within the last 3 or 4 months I've been experiencing some really odd electrical problems with the car. Ocassionally upon start up the car will spit and sputter at idle like it's running on 4 cylinders or something. If you turn the ignition off and try it again, it will start up and run fine. Also I began noticing problems with my CD player mysteriously shutting off and coming back on while driving. That turned into basically the entire car shutting off for a split second and then coming back to life while driving. Today I was pulling up to a stop sign and the car completely shut off all together. I tried to start the car again and there was absolutely nothing there, completely dead. After about 5 minutes of checking under the hood I tried it again and the car started up fine, and ran fine the rest of the time. As strange as it may sound all of these problems seem to occur when it rains or if there is very strong wind. Also, I seem to be going through taillight, turn signal, and marker light bulbs like they're going out of style. It seems like every month I have to replace something. Last thing is the car has absolutely no heat. I noticed towards the end of last winter it seemed to be lacking, but now it blows nothing but cold air. I'm not sure if all these problems could be connected to each other or not. I was just hoping someone might know a place to at least start. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts