Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made some major changes to the way the site is running today.

We recently went over the 1 million hits a day mark and that's a lot of work for the server to handle!

Please let me know if you see any NEW issues with the "server busy" message and what time of day.

The forums should be loading much faster than before.

I also added a feature that disables the search option if the loads do get high - this was a real killer. The server got busy/slow, then a few guys hit the search, and it's taking too long, so they hit enter again and again.

Al

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Like the PM I sent you yesterday it's getting better. I've been on here since 8:30 pm on a Saturday and no Server busy message yet.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well I was in the process of posting this.
HarleyD67 said:
Like the PM I sent you yesterday it's getting better. I've been on here since 8:30 pm on a Saturday and no Server busy message yet.
When I got a server busy message at 9:48 pm Central time. But I still think it's getting better.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, that would be the security upgrade I was just going to post about. Seems some bug in the forum software required a patch to be installed right away.

After installing it seems you have to login again - the patch had something to do with the way the passwords were stored.

It also seems to have reset the "new posts".

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the post.
I'm just looking at that right now and am fed up with seeing the loads so high. Pages seem to be loading very slow tonight. Will have to look at serious upgrades.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who is hosting the hardware, and can I contribute a gig of RAM to it, or something else to make it more scalable? I'll gladly contribute hardware to the efforts of the site.

-Ted

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ted. Thanks for the offer. We have enough ram, it's the number of mysql connections that seems to be hurting us. The search engines are pounding us lately as well. We've been sharing some of the server with chevelles.com and need to break out on our own. (images are offloaded to another box)

It's scheduled for whenever I can get a few days away from work. They ramped us up to 7 days already and I wasn't expecting that at all. Messed up the available time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you're running into search engine problems, consider adding the robots.txt file to your root directory of the site.

http://www.searchengineworld.com/robots/robots_tutorial.htm

Not sure how much, if any of the site you want Google, MSN, Yahoo, Excite (yes, they still exist), and others to get to, but the examples on this site can save you a lot of CPU cycles. :)

-Ted

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
here's a new one ,when i tried to go to the next page on the post section i got a notice saying "sorry no matches found" dont know what that is but it said the same thing if i tried to back up to the previous post page as well

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
here's a new one ,when i tried to go to the next page on the post section i got a notice saying "sorry no matches found" dont know what that is but it said the same thing if i tried to back up to the previous post page as well

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
67pat said:
Pretty much the same thing. It happens to me from time to time as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts