Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Camaro RS 305 My Service engine soon light has been on for the past two years after 2 tune ups and several oil changes. It comes on after I drive for 10 minutes or so. How do I reset it?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My S-10 does the same thing. Keeps giving the o2 sensor code. I've replaced the sensor twice, along with a few other sensors and a new ECM... I gave up.

Mark

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sure you can reset it by clearing the ECM, but without curing the problem, it will come back. You need to find out the problem the ECM is sensing and fix it first. The SES light rarely indicates just a tuneup.

With the ignition off, you need to jump across the A & B terminals on the ALDL port with a paper clip. The ALDL port should be under the dash, just above the gas pedal.
After jumping across the terminals, turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but DON'T start it. The SES light will flash three sets of one flash followed by two flashes. After these three sets of flashes, then it will flash something similar that will indicate where the trouble exists. Record these last sets of flashes. Turn the ignition switch to off and remove the paper clip. Post back the count on the second group of three flash sets.

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

www.geocities.com/akfourme/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts